Saturday, March 29, 2008

How Times Have Changed

Forty years ago when I sent my first child to school it was the responsibility of the parents to attend the college with their students to register and pay for classes. Parents were more involved with the actual process of school. If your student was not holding up their end of the bargain for grades in college the professors would suggest the parents remove them until they were better prepared for the process. As time moved on my youngest child found it easier to attend school because she could register on-line and some courses were available there too. Scholarships were almost none existent when my oldest attended but more prevalent with my youngest. This blog offers a great deal of information I am sure parents and students can use. I am a mother who has attended college about 10 times. It is a great feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very important for parents to be involved in the success of their child. After all college leads them to the life they will have.

Bernadine P said...

Go Mom. I am happy that I had two parents who were always available for money, food, laundry,and advice. Every parent should stay involved in the process. It means the world to hard working students.