Monday, March 31, 2008

"My Advice As A Student"

I feel it is important to remember that college is expensive and students must be ready to take on the responsibilities of home, school, work and fun. We must remember to use our time wisely.

4 comments:

Bernadine P said...

You are right. Make sure you are ready for the responsibilities of being on your own.

Tekmekia Gilchrist said...

I agree. College gives you a lot of freedom, that you may not be used to. The best advice I can give is to get organized by using a planner and to study.

Andrea Williams said...

College is not like high school. You have to pay for your classes, books, meal plans, and other items. When I was in college, I tried to let the freshman know it's okay to have fun sometimes, but make sure you devote majority of your time to your classes. This is a whole different ballgame. Now your paying for your education.

Anonymous said...

Just to add on. College is very expensive, not only what you pay upfront while you are registering for school, but also when you start repaying the student loans. Interest adds up over time and it is important to search for scholarships and grants before hand. It may not seem alot, but each semester times 4 to 5 years is a lot of money for tuition, books, food, boarding, etc...